The Diesel Garage banner

Need Help in Maryland

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  03RescueDiesel 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
My company has transfered me back to my home town in MD and I need to know if anyone knows of an inspection station that will overlook my non existant exhaust system and the tint on my front windows. Anyone know of anything let me know. Thanks.

#5 ·
I live in Hagerstown but am willing to travel some to get it done. With the exhaust I should say non existant emissions system, its strait piped. I thought I remember reading somewhere about a turbo counting as muffler??? and I have 2 of them....

I never had tint on my front windows before but kinda like it now and would prefer not to have to scrape the current tint off then put back on later. Can they give you a ticket for the tint or just a 30 day inspection notification.

#6 ·
Good luck with that. Maryland's laws are horrible and the cops will usually pick you to pieces. I don't know where exactly you live but the Eastern Shore is the worst.

#7 ·
I've been pulled over all over maryland, even in Ocean City with my dual stacks and now my single stack. Never had a word said about the stacks or my 25% tint.

Worst case is you are gonna have to peel the tint off for inspection, but once its inspected you can go back to the tint. Do you have a stack or just straight pipe exhaust...a buddy of mine got his straight piped truck inspected without a problem.

#8 ·
Your on the western part of Maryland, more in the country. My advice would be just try and ask around. Pull up places and ask would you pass this truck ? see what kind of answer and how they are. But make sure they can see everything. Some places in virginia that are kool with it and some arent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.