The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. It's been a long time since I posted on here, I sold both my trucks.

Long story short, I'm planning to look at a truck tomorrow. The dealer doesn't know what brand the flatbed is, though. He says it has J I M T cut into the rear of the bed, inside a rectangle. Does anyone know what brand that might be?

·
10 Posts
It's a J and I. Nothing special about them IMO, weak paint, cross members are rectangle tubing and trap water so they rust out. The headache rack isn't bad but dont pull anything with any substance to it with the drop hitch that is built in to the bed, you will want a frame mount reciever for heavy trailers. They have a recessed goose neck ball on the 11' and shorter beds that seems OK. Some beds (11' and shorter) have 4" sides that drop into the stake pocket holes which are kinda handy. There is no rub rail so tie downs may be a problem depending on how you use your bed. They do have a neat spring loaded door for the fuel filler neck and fuel flows into the tanks pretty well for the most part even though you will usually have to fill up on the first "click" of the fuel nozzle. Hope this helps.

·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate all the info. Looked at the truck today, and it was in pretty rough shape, so I passed.

·
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Old post, but funny story. I looked at this particular truck back in January, and passed on it due to the condition.

I just bought this exact truck today from a dealer about two hours away from the original one, with all the problems I found the first time repaired.

Funny how things work sometimes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts