The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 04 Duramax .. Love my truck.. I installed Super Chip which made a big difference best money I have ever spent. Now I would like to take the next step so should I go with cold air intake or Exhaust Systems?
My main purpose is to get the best MPG I can so if any have any tips on how I can maximize this please let me know.
I know good driving habits help which I have.

RepCAp:
Which is the best cold air intake?
WHat kind of Exhaust Systems is the best?
Any other tips greatly appreciated

·
34 Posts
I would def. do exhaust next, it really opens the truck up. Keeps egt's alot cooler too with the addition of your tuner...Your best bet is to get a 4 inch turbo back to see the best results... Hope this helps your decision

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
I would def. do exhaust next, it really opens the truck up. Keeps egt's alot cooler too with the addition of your tuner...Your best bet is to get a 4 inch turbo back to see the best results... Hope this helps your decision
+1 :thumbsup

Go with a Stainless Steel turbo-back (or cat-back if you have a cat) exhaust. Definately give you the best compliment to the tuner.

·
1,709 Posts
I just done the mod on my stock air filter box. It seems to help. It's much cheaper than buying one. It's just a cheap mod till I decide if I want to get something else or not. (Probable keep it the way it is)

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
yea i wouldn't waste the money on a CAI, they are expensive, and the benefits aren't worth the money until your making over 500hp, swiss cheese the bottom of your airbox and your good, and any free flowing mandrel bent 4" exhaust is a good choice, just pick the one that fits your needs/budget/desired look, my G/f's dad just put a magnaflow 4" on his 02 and it sounds deep, throaty and is quiet untill he steps on it, then it wakes up and sounds pretty nice, if you want the best sound just get a 4" straight pipe, i think LB7's sound sweet straight piped :thumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts