The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i just replaced my ip with a rebuilt one from pensacola diesel. the pump i got is a turbo one, the part number says it for a turbo automatic truck. my truck is a standard. not sure if that makes a difference or not. the truck ran friday morning when i started it to move it. pulled the old pump off and put the new one on. truck won't start. checked the solenoid and its working. put a new lift pump on it also. getting great fuel at the filter. truck cranks great but getting no fuel to the injectors. i just go the pump thursday night and put it on friday. i really don't want to have to put the old one back on just so i can get to work tomorrow. please help me!!!! :help

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i got it. turns out the spring for the lever that fuel shut off solenoid controls was disconnected. hooked it back up and put the top cover back on and the truck fired right up. can't believe i didn't see it when i had the cover off the first time

·
TDG Mafia Member #25
1,447 Posts
I remember reading somewhere you can put an automatic IP pump on a stick, just not the other way around.

Adrianspeeder

1 - 3 of 3 Posts