The Diesel Garage banner

Need help!! Truck threw multiple codes

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  wp6529 
#1 ·
Hey guys looking for help on multiple codes I have a 2008 f250 showing codes p006b p2263 and p2563 truck had a "smoke switch" when I bought it i have since removed it and reconnected the wire I have h&s black max s&b intake and a 5" streight pipe connected to 7 " "cat" stacks
Looking for help to repair it almost seems like the vgt is stuck when I turn the key it doesn't do the start up open and close any help is appreciated

#2 ·
Last night I took apart the "vgt" harness and re wired the hole thing and got it to activate but it still seams off it no longer has the hair dryer sound and another question I have it the fluid that goes in the coolent system thats mounted to the right of the turbos is low what fluid and how much as far as I know it's piped to the front most right hand cooler and the fitting on the left was loose so I reset that but don't know and can't find what and how much fluid goes in it so the trucks sitting idle and I need it for this weekend helppp lol

#4 ·
The fuel cooler system takes the same Ford Gold coolant as the regular cooling system. The system should be full, and may need some work purging air and adding more coolant if it is really low. It would also be important to figure out why it was low to begin with since it is an entirely separate closed system. The specs are in the Owner's manual diesel supplement which you can download from Ford if you don't have the hardcopy.

#3 ·
P006B - MAP/Exhaust Pressure Correlation
Description: The difference between the MAP and EP sensors is monitored by the powertrain control module (PCM) and is greater than the maximum calibrated limit.
Possible Causes: Circuitry
Damaged MAP or EP sensor
Slow responding or biased MAP or EP sensor

Diagnostic Aids: If during KOEO the difference between the MAP and EP sensors is greater than 10.35 kPa (1.5 psi) for more than 3 seconds, a concern is indicated.

P2263 - Turbo/Super Charger Boost System Performance
Description: Indicates that boost pressure is not achieving the calibrated goal by more than a calibrated threshold.
Possible Causes: CAC system leaks
Exhaust or intake air system leaks
EP sensor biased
Restriction in the EP sensor or tube
Turbocharger vanes sticking

Diagnostic Aids: If any EGR system DTCs are present with this DTC, it may be an indication of a restricted EP sensor or tube.

P2563 - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance
Description: The powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the difference between the turbocharger actuator commanded duty cycle and the actual duty cycle.
Possible Causes: Turbocharger actuator

Diagnostic Aids: A concern is indicated when the commanded duty cycle is less than the threshold value for the given engine speed and engine load for greater than 2.5 seconds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.