The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I was wondering if anyone can help me with the parts list for changing the allison tranny and replacing it with a nv4500.
bell housing
flywheel
lines
pedal assemblies
clutch-pilot bearing-

so I was gonna go with a southbend clutch and see if I could get the flywheel through them also. I also called nv4500.com and they said that the majority of the parts will have to come from gm.. but the transfer case will not need an adapter to match up with the tranny

not a great mechanic so any and all help would be very appreciated. thanx.. keith

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
after doing more research it looks like the zf6 and the nv5600 can plug right into a xhd transfer case and they are the same length as the ally so i could keep the xhd transfer and keep the drivelines,,,...am i on the right track..
so
master cylinder
pedal assy.
clutch
hydro lines
p_plate
throwout bearing
pilot bearing
flywheel
bell housing
by the way the truck in the sig isnot the truck

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and tranny... who recomends what..zf6 or nv5600_ or what else

·
34 Posts
and tranny... who recomends what..zf6 or nv5600_ or what else
i would say go with the zf6. thats what i went with it works great. the clutch could be better just need to get the air out of it. i went with a south bend dd. and for the other parts go to gm and get the throw out bearing assembly it cums with the line. the slave cylinder easy the line from the throw out bearing just hooks onto it. your pedal assembly well that is guna be the hardest part got to drill your holes in the fire wall. you mite have to trim your pedal assembly a little bit and you mite want to take your pedal rite off to make it easy. your guna have to move your cross memeber back one hole on the frame there should be holes there. umm i think that mite be it after you get the pedal in everthing goes easy. goodluck

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx overdose thats a help. I really like the looks of your rig and with the 6 speed tranny... it is exactly what you want and what i want too!! sounds doable do you have any pix of what the inside of the cab looks like now: like removing the cup holders etc... thanx again. keith

·
resident mason
343 Posts
Jeez bud, what are you makin a "hybrid"? I miss shiftin too.

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hybrid eater more like it:)

·
34 Posts
thanx overdose thats a help. I really like the looks of your rig and with the 6 speed tranny... it is exactly what you want and what i want too!! sounds doable do you have any pix of what the inside of the cab looks like now: like removing the cup holders etc... thanx again. keith
no problem and thankx on my rig. it is doable for sure. the one gm dealer around here told me i couldnt do it and they wouldnt sell me parts to do it. but lil do they know i am freinds with some of there workers. no i dont have any pix i didnt have to remove the cup holders the only thing i had to move my cb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts