The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Formerly NATTYGASMECH
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know about a Dodge Sprinter throwing a p0404 code. First place to go to for diagnosis? Thanks ahead of time. Not sure if this is the right place for it, mods please move it if there is a better place to get exposure for info.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Need to know about a Dodge Sprinter throwing a p0404 code. First place to go to for diagnosis? Thanks ahead of time. Not sure if this is the right place for it, mods please move it if there is a better place to get exposure for info.

I'll see if I can pull that code when I get home. It does have the Benz CRD correct? Oh an what year?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
P0404 I come up with
EGR Flow CKT Range performance.

Its not much but gives you a point to start to diagnosis your issue.

·
Formerly NATTYGASMECH
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses neeltburn. My friend ended up finding out there is a ECM reflash. It seems it is a warranty thing. Probably similar to what we have going on with our 40ft CNG low floor transit busses. The dang knock sensors are too sensitive. Not to mention the 3 different spark plug designs we have been through to fix the large amount of misfires logged. I think like most things they are aiming for a level of perfection that good enough is more than fine for. I hope it takes care of it. Guess we learned another piece of info for the future. If you got a 2008 Sprinter throwing a 0404 code go get the ecm reflashed. neeltburn - I just looked at my first post and realized I didn't give a year. Sorry. Might have helped since they have a different engine than the earlier ones.

Maybe it was an 09' model. Gotta double check that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts