The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a Spartan Tuner/Delete Pipe on a Buddy's truck (2010 F250) a week ago. He has two trucks and only drives the F250 when he has a load to haul or is towing a trailer, which is ever other day or sometimes every third day.

He's had the truck since last December (8 months) and never had any battery problems.

Since installing the tuner, his battery has been dead on two occasions, once after sitting for 3 days (it did start the next day) and once after sitting for 4 days. He didn't charge the battery on either occasion, just boosted it to get the truck running.

Has anyone heard of a battery drain/charging problem after installing a Spartan?

I'm wondering if the combhttp://thedieselgarage.com/forums/images/smilies/madpoke.gifination of a weak battery, 1 1/2 hours with the ignition on while down loading stock tune & up loading performance tune and very little driving since then have simply drained the battery and it just needs a good charge?

It would be a shame to have to reinstall the DPF and set the truck back to stock so that he can take it in to a dealer, only a week after putting it on.

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
I have personally never had an issue with my batteries. I leave my tuner plugged in to the OBDII port pretty much always, and I have loaded as many as 12-15 tunes in a day before with no issues. I also drive my truck a lot, so the batteries in my truck always stay good and charged.

·
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff:

My experience is the same but you know how it is, you work on a friend's truck, then when something goes wrong the friend assumes that you were the cause.

On a side note: I tried logging on to the Spartan Forum to see if I could "Search" for this problem and I got a message that either my log-in name or password were invalid. When I entered my email address as directed to get verification of my username/password, I got a message that my email was invalid and to contact the Administrator.

Are ya'll having problems with your website, because the Forum accepted my username/password last week?

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Jeff:

My experience is the same but you know how it is, you work on a friend's truck, then when something goes wrong the friend assumes that you were the cause.

On a side note: I tried logging on to the Spartan Forum to see if I could "Search" for this problem and I got a message that either my log-in name or password were invalid. When I entered my email address as directed to get verification of my username/password, I got a message that my email was invalid and to contact the Administrator.

Are ya'll having problems with your website, because the Forum accepted my username/password last week?
I am not aware of any issues. I use it daily. Shoot Mick an email and see if he can get it figured out for you. He handles all of the website/forum stuff.

[email protected]

·
1,415 Posts
May be a stupid question but i have done it, Is he turning the DD off? I know i have left mine on and a few days and your dead.

·
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
May be a stupid question but i have done it, Is he turning the DD off? I know i have left mine on and a few days and your dead.
I thought you had two options as far as DD power:

1. It automatically turns off 30 second after the ignition is turned off.

or

2. You put it in "sleep mode" by pushing the On/Off button prior to it turning off, so that you can turn it on instantly when you operate your truck again, without having to wait for it to boot-up.

Can it be set to stay "on" all of the time?

·
1,415 Posts
with mine it is rare it turns its self off with the auto timer when in gauge mode, in any other mode it does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts