The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PSD addict!
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
my new to me '08 has a perfect interior except for one eyesore: a cigarette burn the size of a pencil eraser in the drivers seat. This is driving me nuts. Its a XLT with the grey cloth seats. Anyone know where I can find that material? I never see used seats for sale by themselves out of a wreck, its always a whole set. I'll pay to have the bottom upolstery cut apart and the center sewn back in, but I'm not gonna spend $1000 bucks on a whole set of seats to get a small patch of material... Any suggestions on a material source? Dealer was no help.

Jason

·
1,060 Posts
I saw in a episode of truck u how they scraped a little of the fuzz off the back of a seat where it is not super visable added ?rubber cement? to the bottom of the burn hole and filled with the fiber fuzz. No not a perfect match but made it better for apperances. i will look around for a vid or something. they had sone it to a dodge multi color fabric seat but should work in your case as well

·
PSD addict!
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i had read some stuff like that too when I searched the internet. However on a dodge the seats are like a velour which is kinda fuzzy. The center section of my seats is just a smooth cloth, no fuzz...

Jason

·
1,060 Posts
Yeah, if memory serves me correctly to was a fuzzy seat. I havent been able to find a link to the clip but dosent seem like it would help too much. Good luck I would llike to know how you go about your fix. so I will stay tuned...

·
3,533 Posts
You should be able to buy a replacement cover for the seat. I would go talk to the dealer body shop. They could also direct you to a local auto upholstery shop that can remove and replace that section. Even if they have to do both front seats to keep them even.

·
PSD addict!
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I asked my buddy that works at a different dealership, he said they have ordered replacements before.. Pretty pricey though, like $400 for just the upholstery for the bottom. All for one cigarette burn.

Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts