The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06, 6.0 powerstroke and I put an Banks 6 gun on it yesterday. Now I dont know for sure, but I think something is wrong. There is not an extreme differance in power. It just a little different between each setting. And there is no black smoke either. I know Banks is the "safest" but shouldnt I notice a pretty big change. And do the 6.0 not smoke or should they. What do I need to check. Id say im only getting 30-50 hp on level 6. And that not right i dont think.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I don't own a 6.0 but I would retrace your install and check your connections.Would be the simplest and cheapest place to start.

·
203 Posts
your truck should smoke, atleast to where you can see it on the highest level. On tow safe on my superchip, i could notice smoke.

·
Future Fummins!!
92 Posts
was the unit used? I know that if the speed loader was used before on a banks six gun, it will need to be installed again before you get any power at all. that might not be the problem but I have seen that before.

·
TDG Mafia 23
1,846 Posts
Banks six gun units are not known for creating any smoke. It is considered the safest power adder because the power it does generate is marginal when comparing to other units,"Less power added is safer" One of Banks sales points with those units is that it does not over fuel the engine. The reason you see black smoke from a tuned diesel is a result of air fuel saturation. When a truck is fed more fuel than it can burn it shows up as black smoke from the exhaust. Some say because Banks does not over fuel it is actually deminishing the amount of power the unit can create. Without "over fueling" the engine you will not achieve maximum power effeciency from a tuner. Thus you will not see smoke and you will also only achieve minimal power gains comparitively speaking.

·
Udderly Delicious
169 Posts
While I agree that Bank's claims safe horsepower, you should still see some black smoke at first when stomping the throttle. A properly operating Six Gun and a properly operating engine should throw a little smoke at least. Everyone that I've seen does. You should also be able to feel the difference in power on any setting. I vote something is wrong with the setup. Maybe a bent pin inside a connection or not hooked up properly. Something is definitely not right.

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
maybe he forgot about this place?

·
Registered
337 Posts
doesn't seem to be an issue for me - I smoked 5 bikers the other day on level 3 LOL

F

·
0 Posts
I had the 6 gun on my '03 6.0L it smoked alot! Don't forget to install the pyrometer, if you don't it will default to stock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone know if it will effect anything if I delete my cat. I also have a 2004 6.0 and am running the 6 gun. I don't want it to mess with the check engine light or throw off the 6 guns readings. I know the 6 gun monitors your engine to keep it in a safe range. Is anyone running the 6 gun without a cat? Also, how much louder is it?

Thanks in advance, Eric.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts