The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I just bought the stainless 4" system from mbrp for my 03' Duramax....I think it is part #6000409 or something like that......Anyways today I just had a muffler shop install it and I have 2 questions...It vibrates and shakes when the truck is idiling (not too noticeble but enough to tell) what can I do to stop this?? Also I thought the pipe would go up further but the mbrp system only starts like just after the driver door...... Is that normal?? Thanks for the help!

·
3,939 Posts
Is the pipe in front of the muffler contacting the trans crossmember? If so, then the shop could have put the front pipe hanger into the wrong hole in the trans mount. There are two holes, IIRC.

Check all the hangers to see if they are the proper length for the spot they are at, and that they are pushed into their mounts correctly.

Even though I think MBRP is a high-quality system, I had an issue with the lack of instruction on which mounting clamp went where, and the lack of band clamps for the pipe connections.

Also, MBRP systems usually come as "cat-back", which means it doesnt include the front pipe. You have to buy that separately, or buy the "down-pipe" back kit.

·
1,409 Posts
TheBac said:
Also, MBRP systems usually come as "cat-back", which means it doesnt include the front pipe. You have to buy that separately, or buy the "down-pipe" back kit.

Keep in mind "down-pipe back" does not include a new down-pipe. I had a tough time finding a new down-pipe for a stock turbo. Most of the exhaust manufacturers call this turbo back, which is incorrect and misleading.
Summit is the only place that seems to have kits that include a larger down-pipe.

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
DmaxDusty said:
Okay I just bought the stainless 4" system from mbrp for my 03' Duramax....I think it is part #6000409 or something like that......Anyways today I just had a muffler shop install it and I have 2 questions...It vibrates and shakes when the truck is idiling (not too noticeble but enough to tell) what can I do to stop this?? Also I thought the pipe would go up further but the mbrp system only starts like just after the driver door...... Is that normal?? Thanks for the help!
If it looks like it just starts at the driver door then its just a cat-back. Also, check for the exhaust hanger before the muffler and see if its hitting the frame. I have put a few of these on and some kits the hangers before the mufflers chatter on the frame. Just take the clamp out, put it in a vice and cut off the extra part of the hanger thats too long.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Dmaxdusty if you give us a call i can help you out with your problem some pic's would help solve the problem. 1888-636-7223 thanks Byron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.