The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need to get a set of rear Air Bags (helper bags) ordered. Which setup is the best for a lifted application? I need a set for my 2005 F350 with 5" Donahoe Racing PlushRide rear leafs with 1" blocks. Are there any extra parts I need since its lifted? Any info and/or pics would be great.

·
201 Posts
I know Firestone offers different size spacers to put in with the bags for F-150s that are lifted. I would guess it would be same for your truck but I am not sure.

·
I refuse to grow up
29 Posts
expensive option, yeah, but I got a kelderman rear 4 link/airride, it's awesome. I'm running 8" of lift, they have different kits from stock to 12".

what are you hauling, are you trying to just keep the rear level with a camper or trailer, or ??

one thing some tow companies have been running into, using add-on timbrens or air bags, is it puts too much weight concentrated in a small area of the frame, and there have been some light duty wreckers, like F450/550 trucks that have bent or broken the frames. takes alot of comstant overloading, but it can happen.

the kelderman kit is designed to level out a full load, but not to give you a major increase in the load capacity, which still is based on the design limits of the frame and axles, and the brake system ratings.

but, I have put 35 1/2" thick sheets of drywall in mine, and it levels right back out. I pulled my trailer from Denver to Salt Lake last fall, I was almost 19,000 lbs total, and had about 8500 on the rear axle (weighed it at a truckstop when I got there) and I was about 90lbs air pressure, ran one other trip at 100+lbs without the trailer (yeah, waaaay over loaded)

I've had mine on about 2 years now, only problem was compressor switch and valves froze, I remounted them pointing up, sprayed a little WD 40 in the lines, and no trouble at all since.

I still haven't figured out posting pictures yet, but I can email a couple if you want to see how it looks. It's also really handy for dropping/hooking the trailer, not need to crank the jack, just air up and down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts