The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, currently I'm running a blocks in the rear for my 8" lift on 08 f350. I'm ready to put a springs on the back. I don't know what to get to have a nice ride and not to sag. I have two choose either 5" spring pro comp and use my stock 3" block or get 8.5" solid spring by skyjacker. They both 382$ shipped.

·
288 Posts
I have ran both the SkyJacker and Pro Comp leaf packs and could tell you which would be better for you depending on what you want to do.. The SkyJackers are stiff...Dont pay attention to the "soft ride" label attached with them because they were anything but "soft" but if you tow alot they will be perfect b/c they did not sag... The pro comps I went with we took off the overload and they road ok but still not what I was looking for...The did not sag either with an average load... I went ahead and spent the money on Atlas Springs and will only go with them from now on.. The first set they sent were extremely stiff so I called and they sent me a new set that is in my eyes, perfect... Best customer service period!!! Now the ones I have are very soft..Sag with my bass boat a little but thats ok as I had him make them 1.5" taller so when the boat is hooked up it sets level and a slight rake when empty...Truck rides better than my wives SUV now and is lifted 8" on
38's...Spend the money and get what you pay for..I know...I spent over 2k till I got it right...And I also do not run a sway bar for your other post..

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have ran both the SkyJacker and Pro Comp leaf packs and could tell you which would be better for you depending on what you want to do.. The SkyJackers are stiff...Dont pay attention to the "soft ride" label attached with them because they were anything but "soft" but if you tow alot they will be perfect b/c they did not sag... The pro comps I went with we took off the overload and they road ok but still not what I was looking for...The did not sag either with an average load... I went ahead and spent the money on Atlas Springs and will only go with them from now on.. The first set they sent were extremely stiff so I called and they sent me a new set that is in my eyes, perfect... Best customer service period!!! Now the ones I have are very soft..Sag with my bass boat a little but thats ok as I had him make them 1.5" taller so when the boat is hooked up it sets level and a slight rake when empty...Truck rides better than my wives SUV now and is lifted 8" on
38's...Spend the money and get what you pay for..I know...I spent over 2k till I got it right...And I also do not run a sway bar for your other post..
Tnx man can you give me the web were you got your springs. I don't want really stiff ride, i want somewhat soft, cause most of the time its my daily ride. and when i'll put the toy hauler i'll get the air bags any way to get the hight.
And yeah i took off the sway bar, and i think it rides more smooth even on blocks that i have, and i notice that my drive train is more level with axle.(allot better)I'ts nice. I was trying to post some pics but i cant figure out for some reason.

·
7 Posts
Deaver Spring makes, in our opinion, some of the best after market leaves available. Simply a great product. They can likewise adjust the spring rates to match your preference.

Thanks,

Acer Engineering

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Deaver Spring makes, in our opinion, some of the best after market leaves available. Simply a great product. They can likewise adjust the spring rates to match your preference.

Thanks,

Acer Engineering
Thanks I'll look in to that, I left a messege to atlas springs I herd they are good also. I'll call them in the morning

1 - 6 of 6 Posts