The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold the ole 6.0 and bought a 2009 6.4 brand new i got 1500 miles on it. Should I put some miles on it before installing a Spartan? I want to put 4" downpipe back, straight pipe and AFE stage 2 intake. Also should i just run the 250 tune or go all out from the get go with the 275 as everyday driver? Please give me the pros and cons. THANKS

·
1,415 Posts
I run 275 daily, have been for the past 70,000km and no problems yet.

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
The quicker you get the DPF off and Spartan tuning on, the happier you and your truck will be, no questions asked. The 275 is a great daily driver tune, but a lot of that depends on where you live. Stop and go traffic doesn't mix well with it. If you live in a small town, then its a great tune.

·
393 Posts
Put the Spartan on my 2010 at 600 miles and the truck now has 10,000 miles on it with no issues. I was sold on the 210 tune (because I often tow a 5th wheel camper), but after using the 250 tune, it is now my favorite and gets the best fuel economy, loaded or empty.

·
212 Posts
The quicker you get the DPF off and Spartan tuning on, the happier you and your truck will be, no questions asked. The 275 is a great daily driver tune, but a lot of that depends on where you live. Stop and go traffic doesn't mix well with it. If you live in a small town, then its a great tune.
So what tune would you recommend for the stop and go commute?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts