The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a HTC big cam 2 400 iam doing the over head how do I know the valves are closed when on timing mark a ir said to set 5/3 of 5 is closed or set valves 2/ 4 are closed how do u tell if they are closed i know no proubly a stupid question I dont have a freaking clue need to know something real soon got to be in Lubbock TX in the morning Thank so much of some one could tell me

·
200 Posts
On timing mark "A" you would look to see if the valve rocker levers are loose on cylinders 5 or 2. If the rocker levers are loose on cylinder 5, you would set the valve clearance on that cylinder and the injector on cylinder 3. If the rocker levers are loose on 2, then set the valve clearance on cylinder 2 and the injector on cylinder 4. After setting the valve clearance and injector settings rotate the accessory drive pulley to the next timing mark and set the next cylinder in the firing order. 153624. If the rocker levers happen to be too tight to tell if there is any clearance or you can't get a feeler gauge under the rocker, then pick the cylinder they appear to be the loosest. If you get into the overhead and everything just seems way out of whack then you are on the wrong stroke or your accessory drive is out of time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts