The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you experts now what the DTC PO700 is? The code came up earlier today and now the trans shifts like S*#@ between reverse and drive. I should also say that the truck does have a bully dog w/ crazy larry in it, but it was on the stock setting when this happened. thanks, Ryan

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FIXED. Replaced the prindle switch and no more probs. Thanks anyways. Hope this helps ppl in the future.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently the ECM loses communication with the trans so it does not know what gear it is in. Hence the "range shift inhibited" warning. It was getting bad, trans would not shift unless I cleared the codes, slammed into gear, would not shift out of 3rd, and the indicator would not indicate what gear the trans was in. Replaced the switch yesterday and no more problems, dealer said this in fairly common, water or moisture gets in the switch and causes it to go haywire.

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
Is there a "bible" or manual anywhere on-line that shows these types of things?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not that I know of. I used to work at Interstate Detroit Diesel in their allison division from 1999-2001 so I have a little knowledge of these. I was talking to the local dealer andtold them what was going on and that I needed the switch. With out a doubt they asked back, how do you know? but thats a long story. Some of the parts guys just need to:RTFM: . Anyways I got it and it fixed my probs.

·
3,939 Posts
Was this the old-style black NSBU switch, or the new-style tan one?

Russ, theres not really a "bible" like for the Fords. You dont really have to worry about it anyways....the 6-speed NSBU switch is internal to the valvebody, not external like the 5-speeds have.

·
3,939 Posts
OK. makes sense. The black ones had bad seals, which had a tendency to let water inside the switch, shorting them out and causing inhibited shifts and codes. Glad you got her fixed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts