The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1994 powerstroke 4X4 5sp with 4:10 gears and it has around 210000 miles on it and runs just fine. It pulls great but i was looking for a little more well a lot more get up when im not pulling a trailer and i was wondering is a chip or programmer the way to go?

·
748 Posts
Dp Tuner mild tow, 4" exhaust and a DIY intake. That will get you what you are looking for. :thumbsup Good luck not doing any more mods after that :D

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i was really wanting to go with a 4" dual exhaust would that be okay i'm new to the whole diesel thing?

·
Robby Thompson
95 Posts
Finding the dual exhaust kit for that year model truck is very narrow. I personally ran a 4in down pipe to 5in exhaust to a single stack. The problem I was having was high egts. The bigger the pipe the lower the temp. Towing with mine was a night mare till I did the exhaust. Let me know if you need anymore help. I am still building up my 95 250.

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh thanks man but i wrecked the ford and got a cummins but im new to the whole diesel thing what are egts and why are they so bad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts