The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just bought a 2002 cummins with a six-speed. It came with a power puck but he is takin it off. It also has a 4" exhaust and he is going to at a cold air and gauges. He wants a chip that will produce alot of horsepower but not tear anything up. I suggested the edge comp and the smarty jr., but i didnt know if there were anyothers he might want to consider?

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
well the Smarty Jr. is only offered in 3rd Gens...and if he hasnt put gauges in it yet then I would just go ahead and go w/ the Edge Juice w/ Attitude. It is the same thing as the comp but has the outlook moniter w/ the gauges...

Nathaniel

·
93 Posts
To me It feels like, every week we talk about the same thing. ( my buddy/ I got a truck, want a chip lots of power with out a lot of problems) Just me thinking out loud thats all.

·
Registered
550 Posts
look into a bluechip fms box. it has all the gauges that you will need and it is rated to i think 120rwhp, then keep the powerpuck on the truck for timing purposes. he will be very impressed withthat setup.

·
3,514 Posts
Moose 04 said:
look into a bluechip fms box. it has all the gauges that you will need and it is rated to i think 120rwhp, then keep the powerpuck on the truck for timing purposes. he will be very impressed withthat setup.
I agree with moose, that is a hard fueling combination though and will definitely require the addition of a heavy duty clutch.
Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts