The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a truck for my son in law and it has big injectors /exhaust/edge chip etc-- he just lost the inj pump- is there a heavy duty or higher flow pump out there and if so who is a good supplier--thanks HARLAN'S AUTOMOTIVE:Thumbup:---SORRY IT'S A 2001 3500 CUMMINS 5.9 DODGE

·
129 Posts
Make sure that injection pump has a good flow of fuel to it. 16-20 psi at idle and try not to get less than 12psi and WOT. Check into a bluechip pump. They have done extensive research on the VP44 pumps and make a good reman.

Jamie

·
Registered
170 Posts
he said bad injection pump. scheid makes a hot rod vp44, and so does industrial injection. if the inj pump is dead and you are running a stock lift pump you're going to need both.

Ind Inj HRVP44 + FASS 150 = never look back (until the hrvp44 fails...b/c all vp44s fail..eventually)

·
3,514 Posts
Its just a matter of how soon that HR pump fails. I've heard of HR pumps going in 40-50k, and even less in some instances. IMO its worth the money to go ahead and get a higher quality Reman. even if you don't get any extra fuel over stock out of it. My vote goes with bluechip.
Sean

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
industrial injection makes a really good pump I have one of their remans...I get 14 psi at idle and i can hit 6 psi w/ 30 lbs of boost w/ the Comp. but thats w/ a stock LP. When I get my FASS it'll get better. My diesel mach. said that there should be NO problem w/ it when I get that FASS as far as my HP plans are! So I got that going for me...

Nathaniel

·
Trouble Maker
336 Posts
Diamond3Max said:
Check into a bluechip pump. They have done extensive research on the VP44 pumps and make a good reman.

Jamie
There is no difference between a bluechip pump and a rebuild from any other reputable rebuilder.

·
3,514 Posts
MKoth said:
There is no difference between a bluechip pump and a rebuild from any other reputable rebuilder.
I was under the impression that bluechip was the only one running the freightliner Fedex, electronics. Could be wrong there, but i just hadn't heard of anyone else adapting to that.

Who made your HR pump that smoked itself in 26K?
Sean

·
Registered
170 Posts
MKoth said:
Wait..what?

koth, you little sh*t disturber. do you not see the following remarks? that was a sarcastic statement. god you're an idiot. every thread you get into becomes pointless and typically avoided by the rest of the members...

·
Trouble Maker
336 Posts
sstockton said:
I was under the impression that bluechip was the only one running the freightliner Fedex, electronics. Could be wrong there, but i just hadn't heard of anyone else adapting to that.

Who made your HR pump that smoked itself in 26K?
Sean
Most, if not all, reman VP pumps use whatever the latest parts are. This would include the so called "fed ex" board.

My pump was from II..as is the new 027 pump that I am trying to run.

Other then this HRVP, I have had excellent results from more then a dozen standard VP's I have installed, all from II.

I have heard good things about pumps from Midwest Fuel Injection, too. I know that is where Smokem gets his pumps from.

·
Trouble Maker
336 Posts
Okie2500 said:
koth, you little sh*t disturber. do you not see the following remarks? that was a sarcastic statement. god you're an idiot. every thread you get into becomes pointless and typically avoided by the rest of the members...
Its odd, the most productive and experienced members seem to have the most trouble with me. (sarcasm)

I call people out on the BS they claim is fact, and they get butt hurt.

If you don't like the way I do things, stop making ******* comments, and I won't have to keep proving your stupidity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts