The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so we had the diesel days here at samoa drag strip, put on by the local diesel shop guy.
and i havent installed the stage 2's, turbo, or exhaust brake, and so i wanted to see how it would run with just the intake, exhuats and dp chip
so i was thinking ok it should run like a 16, well thats not it at all 18.6 was the besta t 78 mph, in 4wd.

so now i need to install my stuff then see what it will do, but i'm not sure how much the sticks and turbo will help.

so now i want something else that is going to help me get to the 15's at least so can you guys tell me what i need to get there? maybe some water meth?

or is water meth going to hurt my motor?

thnx guys

it was basically just a disapointing day for me at the track, but nothing broke, so i guess thats a [plus.
i'm sure they were all :pointlaugh at me. :damnit :sofa :squish

so i need some :shrug:

·
2,509 Posts
I would say that big oil and a good fuel system would be a big help. I can tell on my truck it pulls really hard right off and then it sets the check engine light for low ICP and just acts like its running out of juce. I hooked a scanner on it the other day and watched the ICP and it never got over 1500 in the high setting when it should have been around 3000. you should have a bigger pump than me anyway but I bet you'll still be starving your injectors in the top end.

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no man i'm actually back in humboldt.
so reg fuel return kit, big oil, and do i need a fass fuel system too?
and what is the fuel bowl delete?
ok thnx guys, is there anything else?

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would i need the stock style regulated fuel kit>?

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
it should run 15s with just the chip in it, are u doing boosted 4wd launches?

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea man thats wat i thought but it dont. and i staged at the line @1500 rpm in 4hi. and it ran 18.6 @ 78

·
TDG Mafia Member #73
1,003 Posts
The problem is you have a manual trans. You cant do boosted launches so you are kinda SOL. How does the truck run in 2WD? If you are not burning your tires, 2WD might lower your time a bit if you have traction.

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea in 2wd it just roasts the tires until i shift into 3rd. so i through it into 4hi and it hooked up, the kid just beat my *** and he has the same setup as me but is stacking edge chips and i thought mny dp would kill him but he shot by me like he had nos both times we raced.

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
ahhh, u have a 6 speed, i over looked that, that would be the reason for your high ET.

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea great for towing weak for drag racing

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kainers- yea man it was weakl this year, not that many people there.

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so if i get the itp fuel reg kit where do i install my fuel pressure guage?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts