The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally took the silencer ring out, and found oil and the shaft is loose:damnit . Quess I need to start looking for a new turbo. Anyone run the aurora 2000. I may be able to get a decent price on one. Any other options:thanks:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I like the Hight Tech Turbos. You can make some good hp and they are easy to upgrade. A htb2 62/14 would be good for you but I'd look into some injectors too.

·
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah, injectors would be sweet, but the turbo is on its way out before I had wanted it to. That turbo would be OK with the fuel I have now, would it not. What is a good place to get one, and price?:thanks:

·
4,827 Posts
Your turbo may not be going out. What type of movement do you have? Some up & down/side to side movement is normal. The engine oil takes up the rest. As long as the compressor wheel doesn't touch the housing, you are probably OK.

If you have ANY perceiveable end play (in and out), then you do have a problem. The spec is such, that you shouldn't be able to feel any end play.

If is some slight dampness with oil, you are OK. Now, if it is starting to be more than that, you may have a seal problem.

·
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It moves in and out about, i'm quessing an 1/8". It has a good amount of oil in it. I ordered the high tech htb2 today. Getting it put in next tuesday. Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
93 Posts
good choice haz-mat..I have some buddies that run this turbo and they are really pleased with it.

·
706 Posts
What kind of air filter are you running? If its an oiled filter,the oil is likely from over oiling it.The play you described sounds like normal play.If the turbo isnt noisy,I wouldnt worry about it too much,just let it cool before shut down,dont bark it,and change the oil often,the turbo should live a long life.

·
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had it put in today, It spools nice, sound awesome. Can't wait for injectors:Thumbup:

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
ooooh new turbo :), its always nice to see people upgrading there turbos:popcorn: :Thumbup:

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
haz-mat19 said:
Had it put in today, It spools nice, sound awesome. Can't wait for injectors:Thumbup:
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the turbo? I see one in my future too.

·
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$1495:damnit , just need alittle more fuel now. I think it was money well spent. I don't ever see over powering this one:popcorn:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts