The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says, looking for an Airdog FP-150 for my '03 F-250 6.0 powerstroke.

thanks
Garrett

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
make sure you guys ask for some heavier springs to play with, and if any vendor has a spring for 60psi let me know. im shimming it now but it would be nicer to just have a spring set for 60-70psi.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
definately. i want mine at 60-70psi as well, i will be running a regulater return system so it would be nice to keep it higher.

Garrett

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
garret, if your are going to have a regulator in the return in from the pump you will not need any springs. I just dont have the money to buy a regulator right now seeing i just dropped 9000 on a 4 wheeler today. LOL:Thumbup:

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was trying to keep the parts buying to a minimum to keep the price down but now that i may be getting all SS lines and the fittings for free, i may do a little more. and what do ya mean? i wont need the springs? wont i still need to have the regulator on the pump set high enough to flow the psi? or can i block the return at the pump and use the regulator on the return for the pressure?

Garrett

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
with fass and airdog being setup to be standalone you only want one return line, and that will be from the pump. The spring is placed in the return line portion of the pump already and thats what you use to control the line pressure, make sence?

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that makes sense. but i think it would be better to return the fuel from the back of the head. that way it circulates and doesnt just dead end. i wouldnt mind having two returns. one at the pump and then one from the back of the heads.

Garrett

1 - 10 of 10 Posts