The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is my problem i blow the poisi out of the truck it is the Dana 80 with 3.55s now my other problem is i know nothing about axles i have learned alot in the past 24 hours. So i am looking at replacing the whole unit with a locker but cant seem to find one from my truck i also have no idea what to look for. So i was wondering if anyone could tell my a good locker that is a whole unit i can just put it in. i was looking at the Lock Rights but it said it doesnt come with a carrier no idea what that is.

Thanks for any help....i need my truck together asap

·
Alaskan Assassin
88 Posts
I don't know much about them either but I have always heard good things about detroit lockers.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Give these guys a call http://www.ringpinion.com/Default.aspx

http://www.ringpinion.com/PartsList.aspx?SearchMode=Make&MakeID=1&MakeName=Chrysler+/+Dodge+/+Plymouth&ModelID=208&ModelName=3/4+Ton+Dodge+Pickup&Side=Rear&DiffID=23&DiffName=Dana+Spicer+D80&CatID=9&CatName=Positractions&CatType=Sub-Differential
Detroit lockers are legendary for there performance, but a locker never has great street manners, great off road, but scary in the rain and deadly on ice. A Detroit True-Trac would be a good option

·
3,514 Posts
Or look into an ARB air locker or electric locker. that way you can turn it off on the street and just turn it on when you need it.
Sean

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help.
I looked into the True Trac, but heard they are not recomended for anything bigger than 32" tires.
I also looked at the air lockers and they are out of my price range as it is i am going to have to own people just to get the truck fixed

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Speaking of lockers and what not......Anyone know the low down on the spline counts?

I can't get straight facts on the Dana 60's.....
Is it:
94-97 30 inners
98-01 32 inners.
I haven't found anything on the 2002's....:damnit

·
Alaskan Assassin
88 Posts
Dual K20s said:
Detroit lockers are legendary for there performance, but a locker never has great street manners, great off road, but scary in the rain and deadly on ice. A Detroit True-Trac would be a good option
Why are they bad on ice? I was thinking about getting one for the rear but we have ice 6 months a year in Alaska. You'd think it would be better, no wheel slippage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts