The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a edge juice with attitude on my 00' cummins and was wondering if anybody had a good experience with a certain exhaust? I am really interested in someone with some experience in a Grand Rocks exhaust system. Also my fuel pressure drops too 0 psi when I get on it, is there anything I need to do about this.

Thanks

·
4,158 Posts
First off :welcome2: to the garage!!

And about exhaust most all exhaust systems are easy install, and sound good. I helped install a 4in Flo-Pro exhaust on a buddy of mine's truck, it was as simple and cut off the old, and bolt on the new. And with you fuel psi dropping that much you should really look into a new fuel system like FASS fuel system or a GDP GFS fuel system.

·
497 Posts
I helped my brother install a MBRP on an 01 dodge, no problem, the hardest part was installing the down pipe from the turbo, as for your fuel pressure dropping to 0, not too good, need something to help it out, i put a holley blue on mine, nice and cheap and does the job nicely. I think a good many holley blues are installed, you could also go with a fass or other fueling system. But for me they all were out of my price range and a holley blue, couple of fittings, some hose and wires was just the right price for me. Good luck with your upgrades.

·
4,158 Posts
lbdodge24v said:
I helped my brother install a MBRP on an 01 dodge, no problem, the hardest part was installing the down pipe from the turbo, as for your fuel pressure dropping to 0, not too good, need something to help it out, i put a holley blue on mine, nice and cheap and does the job nicely. I think a good many holley blues are installed, you could also go with a fass or other fueling system. But for me they all were out of my price range and a holley blue, couple of fittings, some hose and wires was just the right price for me. Good luck with your upgrades.
Oh yeah i forgot about the Holley pump, it is a lot cheaper than buying a FASS or the GDP system, and yet provides plenty of pressure for the VP. And when installing the downpipe it helps to have 2 people, one under the truck holding the downpipe, and the other on top starting to thread the bolts on the downpipe flange, makes it alot easier.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My brother had a bad experience with his Holly. It died 3 times on him. As far as exhaust, just straight pipe it and be done with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts