The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys....being a ford guy i dont have alot of experience with tuners for dmaxs.....i was wondering cause my dad wants to tune his 01 up some now.....what is the best for the trans and safe...im not an edge or banks guy cause they are badnews for the fords.....i was thinking ppe...and info would greatly be appreciated thanks..

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 2007 lbz that I had the banks 6gun on and had some problems with it. The truck ran great when it was working properly. The lb7 engine is a little simpler with the electronics than my truck and the banks stuff would probably be the safest. Banks does have alot of fail safe systems in there programs so its harder to break your truck. I'm going to try efi live next but I like to screw with stuff.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
PPE Xcelerator would be the best since it has 5 preset levels, and all but the last are trans safe. Merchant has them, as do many others.

Does he already have an exhaust and the airbox mod done?

Here is the link to Merchant's Engine programing.

http://www.merchant-automotive.com/2001-2004lb7.aspx

Hope this helps.

Tony

·
18 Posts
I only reccomend Edge J/A PPE and EFI Live.

Edge is a safe way to go, I know they are bad news for 6.0s but they are great on DMaxes and have a lot of protection.

Im not a banks guy at all.

PPE gives good power, but doesnt monitor or protect anything but the tranny.

EFI Live will blow your truck up if not careful. But its the last tuner youll ever buy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts