The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be easier to install the gsk in the truck or outside the truck? and if its outside the truck would it invole movin the shaft? thanks in advance

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
I'm not sure that you understand what you are doing. Moving what shaft? Mine was just pull the shutoff solenoid, pull the plug on the side of the injection pump, turn the engine until I saw the springs, remove and replace, reassemble.

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
1,465 Posts
7/8" socket on the alternator nut and you can roll the engine over all day long.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
7/8" socket on the alternator nut and you can roll the engine over all day long.
its a 10mm socket for the alterntor and the 7/8" socket is for the plug on the side of the pump.

Garrett

·
1,465 Posts
I don't know what kind of tiny alternator you have but there is NO WAY a 10mm socket is fitting on the alternator nut. 7/8" is what fits on mine and it fits the side plug as well.

·
Hot Rod Farm Boy
1,226 Posts
:whs I used 7/8" on the alternator and 7/8" on the pump plug.

Although I think Garrett might be thinking of the bolts on the alternator mounting bracket, not the nut on the pulley.

·
1,465 Posts
Yeah....that could be.

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks guys!

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
shall i get a video of me putting a 10mm socket onto the nut ON THE PULLEY on the alternator? thats just how it is.

Garrett

·
1,465 Posts
I'll watch it. Does the shaft on your alternator have a hex end on it or something? I'll try and get a pic of mine tonight.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
i forgot as well. ill TRY to remember to do it tomorrow.

Garrett

1 - 13 of 13 Posts