The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just had a couple of ?s. First of all I have a 99 Dodge 2500 and it is completely stock except for exhaust. I am only 18 and do not have a lot of money to spend on what I really want (Edge Juice w/ attitude). I want to improve fuel economy BADD!! I was wondering if a plug in programmer would be a waste of time(superchips, bully dog, hypertech, etc) for later on in the future when i want to start dumping money in it to make her run. Would it be smart just to wait untill I can afford an edge and/or smarty? Or is there any ways to stack boxes with the $300 plug in programmers?

Thanks, Jimmy

·
Registered
98 Posts
if it were me i would wait. edge juice w/ attitude will give you good power as well as gauge package with safety measures. them you could stack it with the smarty later. then of course you will want injectors and another fuel pump.(a cheap way to go would be the holley red or blue, $120 at just about any autoparts store.) remember you get what you pay for with computers. maybe i'm just baised. good luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well depending on how long you will have to wait. If it is going to be years, then maybe you should just get a plug and play. But if you are just talking about waiting till christmas then get the edge then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts