The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
what does not kill you ..
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My F450 has a cracked block and the Ocala Ford is going to bone me on the warranty. My local shop will cover the warranty. I need it towed back to get the engine replaced, AGAIN. Yes I already replaced it 22 months ago.

If you know of a company that can haul it for a decent price I really need a break. The truck is a pig and weighs in at just over 11,000 lbs.

wftree (Richard)
cell #716-863-6619

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Where is Ocala? NY???

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ocala, Florida

I wish the truck was in New York, I would grab some clothes line and tow it my self.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
wow, that is a hike!!!

I wish I could help ya, sorry buddy!

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did and have had 1 response so far. If I can get it here for a decent price I want my shop to do the work. If I allow the Ocala shop to do do the work and the warranty is denied I can not have my local shop do the work. It will be in Ford's system

Plus I have to Fly down to get the darn thing.

wftree

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
found a ride

Posted on Uship, then got a nasty gram for posting my phone number.

Anyway, Found a guy coming to Western New York from FLA for a load. Cost me a grand to have it dropped at my shops door.

Not bad I thought, A plane ticket would be half of that and I am sure that I would get screwed by the shop in Ocala.

If you are in Western New York and Need a good Ford shop Try Bison Truck, talk to Dennis, he took very good care of me.

WFTREE

ps

Thanks to HHrecovery and all the others that called and posted to help me out. this is a great site!!!!:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

·
409 Posts
damn that sux, I should've checked this ad earlier..... I transport vehicles for a living

·
409 Posts
wftree said:
Posted on Uship, then got a nasty gram for posting my phone number.

Anyway, Found a guy coming to Western New York from FLA for a load. Cost me a grand to have it dropped at my shops door.

Not bad I thought, A plane ticket would be half of that and I am sure that I would get screwed by the shop in Ocala.

If you are in Western New York and Need a good Ford shop Try Bison Truck, talk to Dennis, he took very good care of me.

WFTREE

ps

Thanks to HHrecovery and all the others that called and posted to help me out. this is a great site!!!!:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
by the way a thousand dollars is a good rate for about 1150 miles or so :Thumbup:

·
TDG Mafia Member #45
296 Posts
yeah a grand isn't bad at all!! i could have gotten it to ky. my cousin hauls trucks and cars out of florida every week. i remember what he charges. well, good luck!!

·
2,612 Posts
sorry about your bad luck. why wouldn't ocala ford cover it?

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ford of Ocala needs Ford approval to do any big warranty work. So I ran the risk of the dealer and the Ford Rep denying the warranty due to my mods. If that happened then my local Ford shop could never get it covered under waranty either.

Again the shop I take it to does not need Ford Approval.

So by spending the grand to get it home, that should be the end of my expenses. I figured if I let them fix it I still needed a couple of hundred for a plane ticket and 100 gallons of fuel to bring the truck home so it really only cost me an extra $500.00 or so. Also the shop did not seem to know diesels and that made me nervous.

wftree

·
1,418 Posts
Hey Rich if that transport falls through let me know I could take my truck and flatbed down to pick it up for a grand :)
Jay
Cell 940-1461

·
455 Posts
Bison Ford is the only Ford Dealer to go to for Ford diesel work under warrenty... but if its out of Warrenty you have one other choice and thats right across the street at Regional Int... they have great Techs there also .... I should know thats where I spend my Mon-Fri 8 am -4:30 pm ...lol

Doc

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I talked to DJ and he is just getting his shop set up and is not ready for this kind of work. It is 7:10 Monday AM and if all goes right I will be at Bison at 8:00am to unload my truck.

If you are ever in Ocala please throw rocks at Ocala Ford as you drive by and if you need a shop STAY FAR AWAY from them

Jay thanks round trip for a grand is a hell of an offer

wftree

·
1,418 Posts
I've been broken down outta state before and know it sucks. If ya need any help let me know. Oh what happened with the horses and the trailer?

·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She stayed at a farm for a few days then a friend went down and picked up the trailer the horses and my wife.

wftree

·
1,418 Posts
OK cool, I have to make a run down there to pick up a bull and can fit 3 horses behind the divider for the bull. So I figured I'd check and see if they made it up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts