The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 F250 I bought from a guy recently. He already had a Pioneer DVD/Nav stereo installed. The guy said it has auto start but he lost the remotes. I bought a new remote and directions say you need to find the valet switch to program the new remote. I've been looking everywhere under the dash, the fuse panel on passenger side and more with no luck. In the meantime I've been planning to install a back up camera to the stereo and wire it up so that when you put the truck in reverse it auto turns onto the stereo. I now have a couple of questions. The box he gave me for the stereo had a couple of leftover wires to splice in, I'm not sure if one of those is the wire that splices in to get power for the stereo or not but when I pulled the little kick plate by the parking brake off to try and find that valet switch there is some wires that come from the back of the truck right there and 3 of them have snap on spliced wires to them. My question is are those spliced in wires stock or could they be potentially prewired wires for my stereo that the installer added to make the camera easier to install later? They are: A yellow wire with what looks like a brown line down it with a blue wire spliced in, a purple wire with a white stripe and a yellow wire spliced in and last a blue wire with a green one spliced in. Anyone know what those wires could be by chance?

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts