The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are in the market for a new trailer. We have been looking at the 18' - 22' models that sleep at least 5. Please give us our opinions! We had a 28' Terry that we really liked, and should have kept. That trailer got sold and now we would like another, shorter and more efficient. The brands we are looking at are Mallard (fleetwood), Jayco and Keystone.

Thanks!!

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
I would look at toyhaulers even if you dont have toys they usually sleep more people with the bunks in back. We just got a 26' weekend warrior and it can't sleep 7 easy more if you had to :thumbsup

Reactions: mckey73

·
211 Posts
Kip,

Something that you might want to think about is your warranty. There are many RV manufacturers closing their doors right about now. Teton, which was known as the one of the best, just shut down a few months ago. Many others are following suit.

If I was in your shoes, I would seriously consider the Keystone. Keystone is owned by Thor, which also owns Airstream, Dutchmen, Four Winds, and a few others. Thor is the largest RV manufacturer in the world, and is therefore (probably) the least likely to go out of business.

I just bought a 2006 Keystone Cougar TT, and I am very impressed with the thought and design.

Woody

·
606 Posts
I would go with the Jayco. Had a TT and switched to a 5iver, both Jayco. I doubt if they are going out of business any time soon.

·
928 Posts
We recently bought a Skyline Nomad, it's pretty nice. As far as the manufacturers you listed, based upon the hundreds of TT's we looked at before buying our Nomad, I would go Keystone. :thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts