The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys where looking at new gmc trucks and was wondering what kind of mileage u all were getting on the new emission engines. i hate to get rid of something that gets good mileage at the price of fuel now for something that does not.:shrug:

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
If I don't beat on it at all I can get 17 driving back and forth to work on rural roads.

·
3,754 Posts
my lbz gets 15.3 unloaded

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm getting a constant 12 +- with mine. Pretty sucky I think. I read on here that under 2k rpm's will get em up. I'm trying it with this tank. I'll let ya know. 200 miles a tank just isn't cutting it!!

·
Need For Speed
67 Posts
08, 2500 I usually get about 12 around town with a lead foot. I put the six gun on and my first tank with that was 9 mpg. I didn't know that was possible. I get over 20 on the highway with the cruise control.

·
Cousin IT
9 Posts
08 3500 LTZ single wheel CC 8ft bed 4wd.....when temp above 35*F, it gets 17-ish around town and 20's on highway with cruise set at 70mph. If it goes below 35 and I don't have the grill cover on, it drops off hard, to around 12 & 16 city/highway. Completely stock right now with 6500 miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got 3100 miles on the clock and getting 14-16 around town. Averaged 18 this weekend on a short 200 mile trip about 85% at 70-75 mph.
I just saw diesel for $3.99 at a Chevron station Saturday night.

·
35 Posts
i think it's gonna have to come down to more then just fuel economy for you to switch over for example the interior, ride, looks, plus the aftermarket capability. it's hard to give up on something that's been good to you for something that doesnt suit your needs in more then one area. plus the mileage on these are all over the place, i have never gotten below high 12's & i have been as high low 19's doing mountain driving go figure. good luck with our choice

·
13 Posts
08 Lmm

Well this 08 is my 4th Dmax. After owning all versions. and each one going from stock to mod. The out of the box mileage sucks on the LMM. It just passed the 1500 mile mark and I'm getting my goodies list together. I'll keep track of things if anyone justs want to know.:gmc

·
Registered
26 Posts
I drive mainly interstate to and from work 60 miles one way down I 29. The cruise is at 78 almost 80 running 1700 to 1800 rpms. Only getting mid 14s to maybe 16 on a good day, filled up this morning 3.79, dont know what it is but something on the tail pipe end has to go and a chip has to go in. My LLY with simple chip and straight threw exhaust got 20 or more running same speeds and way more rpm i think it ran almost 2500 rpm at those speeds.

·
35 Posts
just did thevegas drive from my house its about 300 miles one way. got just about 20 on the way out & just about 19 on the way back. all of this was on I-15 & it was at 75-80 mph the whole way. got there on half a tank & just about the same on the way back. plus on the way back just outside of primm it snowed on us.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts