The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to taking a picture of my new truck and just got my new rims and tires installed today...

I plan on leveling out the front end next so if anyone has any advice on the best route to go that will retain the current ride quality I'd like to hear it.

here are before and after shots...

Attachments

·
2,612 Posts
very nice

·
763 Posts
nice truck! let us know how the fuel mileage is, I keep watching other threads, I am looking for typical day to day driving without towing mostly since I dont tow as often not having the 5th wheel anymore but still want to get a newer truck soon!

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice truck! let us know how the fuel mileage is, I keep watching other threads, I am looking for typical day to day driving without towing mostly since I dont tow as often not having the 5th wheel anymore but still want to get a newer truck soon!
I average right around 15.5 mpg as a daily driver... about 4mpg better than my old 6.7l dodge. Off the lot the fuel economy was impressive but now with 3000 miles it's nothing to brag about... you really have to put a load behind it to appreciate how well it tows.

·
406 Posts
Good looking truck man!!

Reactions: MegaInferno

·
2,126 Posts
What are the specs on those wheels/tires? Slick looking truck.

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What are the specs on those wheels/tires? Slick looking truck.
Thanks... The rims are XD Series Monsters with 305/55/20 Nitto's. Rides just as good as stock and the stiffer sidewalls has reduced the rear end sway experienced prior to the install. I did have some concerns with resetting the TPMS but the manual does a good job of explaining how to reset the system.

·
Tebow-in'...
1,243 Posts
wow - my first thought was this would be just another but-azz-ugly set of wheels mounted on a new truck.

but, i really like those wheels!! they look classy and well-matched, not gawdy and outrageous.

nice truck, good taste.

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow - my first thought was this would be just another but-azz-ugly set of wheels mounted on a new truck.

but, i really like those wheels!! they look classy and well-matched, not gawdy and outrageous.

nice truck, good taste.
Thanks mudguppy... I spent sometime making sure the look was clean and not over the top. My last truck had a 6 inch lift and while I thought it looked great little things like not being able to use entree cards, atm machines or drive through bank tellers ultimately had me consider staying with the stock ride height.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts