The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin at upgrading the lights in the truck...anyone running Nokya bulbs?? seem to be pretty bright from what ppl say..i dont wanna go the HID route not a fan of the price and the work involved...just want a bright replacement bulb for headlights and fogs...

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I was hesitent too about the amount of work that was going to be required to install HID's. Man was I wrong. DDM kit is dumbie proof. Plus life time warrenty. I ran PIAA's. And for the cost of those bulbs and the life I was getting out of them. I needed to try something different. I am very happy with my decission to switch over to HID's. But if you still want to stay with halogens. PIAA's 4000K Xtra-Whites were not too bad.

·
1,415 Posts
Im in the same boat i have the 4000 K extra white PIAA bulbs as well and only got about 3 months per set of bulbs. Im going to go for the HID'S soon.

·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow figured the bulbs woulda lasted longer then that...what did you pay for the DDM kit if u dont mind me askin...it do the fogs 2?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
it was about 160 canadian shipped to my door for the 35w hi/low and fog lights. Bulb codes are H13(hi/lo head lights and H10(fogs)

·
1,415 Posts
wow thats not much considering i paid $130 for the PIAA bulbs, i will be ordering some soon from DDM.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I know.... Pissed me right off

·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow not bad at all looks like here after the shocks go on and the weather breaks ill be orderin me 1

·
Speed Junkie
193 Posts

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
do NOT use the nokya bulbs if your looking for something bright. my friend and i have tried them, they are very blue but are dim as hell, i had practically no vision using them in my 99, i took them out and returned them. as far as a regular halogen goes the silverstars are decent but for the same money u can get a way better setup from ddm tuning

·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if i were to order whats the kit u ordered forced?? went on there site i seen the bulbs the h13 and h10 but what else do u need?? i know theres supposed 2 be more then that

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
My order.

Product ID Product Name Price Quantity Total
DDMHPH13HL-6000K DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit 35W or 55W
Options:
Wattage : 55 Watt (+$10.00) Bulb Type : H13 Hi/Lo (+$20.00) Bulb Color : 6000K $79.95
(Not Taxable) 1 $79.95
DDMH10-6000K DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit 35W or 55W
Options:
Wattage : 35 Watt Bulb Type : H10 Bulb Color : 6000K $49.95
(Not Taxable) 1 $49.95
Subtotal Amount : $129.90
Discount : $0.00
Shipping (UPS - Standard) : $33.58
Tax Amount : $0.00

1 - 12 of 12 Posts