The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these pure Cummins or a Case/Cummins or a Case diesel?

It's listed as a "Case Family III 445T/M2 diesel, Tier II certified"

272 cubes
95 Gross HP
90 Net HP
294 lb-ft gross
289 lb-ft net
Torque rise 29%

Any relation left to the old 4BT? Is case just rebadging a Cummins made diesel? Or is it really a case diesel?

·
3,754 Posts
My understanding is yes they are basically 4bt's rebadged.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
tha last new back hoe i rented was a rebaged cummins

B

·
0 Posts
They are Cummins motors and have been since the early 80's. The 4bt and the 6bt were designed for Case by Cummins on a joint venture for the sole purpose of being put in construction equipment. Just so happens the 6bt happend to work out really well and find it's way into pick-up trucks.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys.
I know the older Cases were 4BT's rebadged as Case motors, but I wasn't aware that Cummins increased the displacement on the 4BT.
If what you say is true, I (fingers majorly crossed) might just be getting my first Cummins diesel by next Wednesday in a case 580 Super M 4x4 backhoe. ;)

Just gotta hope my deal goes through....:deal:

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bouncer said:
The Super M is a good hoe.:Thumbup:
Yes, the rentals I've used were nice. This one has pilot controls :Thumbup: , never rented a TLB with pilots, just an excavator.

·
Registered
14 Posts
its actualy a joint deal between case, cummins, and iveco; basically the same engine but now they run the injector pump and gear train off the rear of the engine

·
Registered
16 Posts
he is right except for the part about being basically the same engine. I dont think they are that much alike. we have them in our fleet they are good machines. but the dang filters arent the same on the 4b to the iveco motor. we have had good luck with them. also i think it funny that the new box blade tractors have the old 4b cummins in them still. cummins also has a 4.5l engine out i have seen them in IR rollers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have case 580 Super R Tractor loader, which has Iveco engine but unlike other iveco engines this one has the injector pump at the front and it looks exactly like Cummins 4BT except everything is Iveco, I want to rebuild it so I want to know if torque spec for cylinder head, Big ends and mains, are the same for IVECO 445T-M2 and Cummins 4BT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts