The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my new chip from Jody over at DP-Tuner on Friday and Love it. It looks like the mpg is going to increase like everyone says it will. Checked it on 1/4 tank run and was getting 16.9 the best ever for me. It took me awhile to figure I wanted to install it.:damnit Jody and myself first put it to the right of the steering wheel close to the colum but couldn't see it for the keys in the ignition. When I got home I moved it to the left of the steering colum but it didnt look good getting in the truck ( you could see the ribbon cable connecting it) I finally moved it beside my 4 wheel drive switch and it looks great. I can see it at all times driving and it looks like part of the dash.
Heres a pic.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/551609757/2565327590093231987jBsxii
:thanks: DP-Tuner for the quality product and the help.:Thumbup:
Cliff

·
Registered
185 Posts
Looks good. I just ordered mine last week hopefully I will have it sometime this week. I am mounting mine in the same place. What settings did you get and how do you like it compared to your old chip?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the stock, 60 tow, 80 econo, and 100 performance. There is no comparison to the Banks chip. I cant hardly tell the Banks is in there it is set on 65hp and 111 torque. DP-Tuner 80 econo is the best thing since sliced bread. If you do install in the same place you have to cut a hole in the panel to allow for the ribbon cable to come through. I used a roto zip bit on a drill motor. Smooth it up with a small file.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts