The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Installed New Ts 6 Position Chip Last Night. Everything Works Like It Should, Other Than On The Two Highest Settings 100hp And 140hp Anything Over A Quarter Throttle Is Spits And Chugs, And Coughs. If You Take Your Foot Back Out Of It, It Will Clean Up Again. I Took The Computer Out And Recleaned The Terminals Like The Instructions Said, But Same Thing Again. The Truck Is Bone Stock Other Than A Intake Kit, And I Will Be Putting On My 4 Inch Exhaust Tomorrow. Any Thoughts Or Ideas Would Be Very Helpfull Thanks In Advance.

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts
Does it turn on any check engine lights? Maybe the tunes have some issues. Where did you get the chip? If it keeps doing it let me know.

Dave

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It Does Not Turn On Any Lights. I Got It From The Diesel Mall Thru A Ebay Store. Just Wondering If It Is My Truck Or An Issue With The Chip. Thanks For The Response.

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts
Does the chip look like this?? Just curious more than anything on this one.

Attachments

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #77
940 Posts
Could it be that the HPOP is not keeping up with the demand for more fuel? Just a thought..

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts
That should set a code though. I am thinking the chip might have to be reburned???

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No The Chip Does Not Look Like This. I Thought The Same Thing That The Truck Could Not Deliver The Amount Of Fuel Needed For The Higher Settings. What Is A Hpop And How Would I Detect The Problem. I Did A Fuel Pressure Test Last Week Idle Was 51 Psi And It Increased With More Rpm.

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts
Have you tried calling dieselmall? What did they say?

·
504 Posts
I bet the tunes on the chip are not written for your PCM code or something along those lines. It can really through things out of whack.

·
6,337 Posts
Anything above a 100 setting on the OBS trucks your going to have issues with... HPOP is too small, injectors are too small... Sounds like its just running out of HPO and fuel... It will not always set a light but the code will be there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well It Sounds Like I Am Just Simply Running Out Of Fuel. I Talked With Guy At The Diesel Mall As Well And He Said Pretty Much The Same Thing, That Those Older Trucks Can't Always Keep Up With The Fuel Demand On The Higher Settings. Has Any One Else On This Site Used A Similiar Chip On These Trucks And Run Into The Same Problems. I Guess What I Am Asking Is Do I Pursue Trying To Figure The Problem Out, Or Is It A Problem With The Rest Fo The Truck Rather Than The Chip It Self.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I run the same chip and I don't have any problems with it. I also have the stage one injectors from beans. I would suggest some bigger injectors. I am wanting a new hpop to try and get a little more out of it. That will be a little ways down the road.

·
Registered
62 Posts
same

i have a 96 powerstroke and bought the same chip from the same place and mine does the same thing but only i have stock 50 80 125 145 and mine only chugs on 145 and if most def just not gettin enough fuel... but it does smoke alot when its chugging haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts