The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
2,126 Posts
Haha free flowing exhaust systems...

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
The display looks nice on it. I wonder how many people will buy one. I guess you can take off the DPF with it. They are ahead of banks, sense banks says dont take off the DPF.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
doesnt look too bad for the 6.4. i wonder how the tranny shifting is.

Garrett

·
278 Posts
Do you think you can take off the DPF with their chip?? When I talked to them they said they would never offer a delete option? I did see the free flow exhaust and wondered if that was what they meant.

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
this is a DPF delete unit. Tranny shifting is going to suck just like the regular unit. If you like the monitor part you can just get the Insight

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Obviously you wont be able to do anything with the shifting, you couldnt do much with the regular edge chip. Wonder how long it will be before ill see guys around here trying to race me with the edge chip.

·
324 Posts
i wouldnt say they dont do anything with the shifting since they clame to tune the trans with this. do suggest it, by all means no. but some will buy it and be content with it

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Edge never has done a good job on trans tunning. My dads 6.0 has one and the tranny slips daily.

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
My tranny lasted about 26,000 miles with the edge. Replaced the tranny and got an SCT and had no tranny problems when I traded it in with 70,000 miles. Ran it on the race tune daily too.

·
278 Posts
That is funny b/c when I talked with Edge they said the would NEVER do a delete option b/c they wanted to be CARB/EPA friendly!!!

Yeah they were sure hard on 6.0 know several guys with blown turbos etc due to the edge!!!!

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
Sounds like there tip toeing around say dpf delete.

·
278 Posts
Well I had to call Edge myself and in approx 1 month they will have the Edge Race products out which is basically the DPF delete tune up to 140 HP. Not a huge Edge fan but should be interesting to see what they come out with???

The tranny thing doesn't scare me as much with Edge b/c I have a 6spd. I have the Spartan right now and I like it empty for the MPG and the power but towing for me it is too much boost and keep blowing boots??

·
246 Posts
Well I had to call Edge myself and in approx 1 month they will have the Edge Race products out which is basically the DPF delete tune up to 140 HP. Not a huge Edge fan but should be interesting to see what they come out with???

The tranny thing doesn't scare me as much with Edge b/c I have a 6spd. I have the Spartan right now and I like it empty for the MPG and the power but towing for me it is too much boost and keep blowing boots??
Isn't that what the OP provided a link to? That product is
already available and on the market. Or, am I missing something?

·
278 Posts
They told me it wasn't out yet but will be shipping with in a month. Who knows that is what the guy told me on the phone. However a year ago they also told me that they would NEVER offer a DPF Delete package???

You are correct in that the website makes it seem like it is already out. I am sure you can give them your $$ right now and wait for it to show up???

·
246 Posts
They told me it wasn't out yet but will be shipping with in a month. Who knows that is what the guy told me on the phone. However a year ago they also told me that they would NEVER offer a DPF Delete package???

You are correct in that the website makes it seem like it is already out. I am sure you can give them your $$ right now and wait for it to show up???
I don't want one ... just curious if they were referring to
something different. I believe Cobbs is already test driving
one and offering them. By the way, I have a 6 speed, too :thumbsup
So, if I did want an Edge ... no shifting issues for me :)

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Spartan makes this tuner look like a joke. If your spartan tuned dont even think about getting this.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts