The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The anniversary is coming up and Im asking the ol lady of 5 years! for a new exhaust for the truck. I currently have a 2010 f-250 CC larait 4x4 short bed with a spartan dpf/cat delete the rest of the exhaust is stock. Any recomendations I just after looks now. I was thinking of dual pipes exiting at an angle behind each tire with big 6in tips. Im assuming any dpf back exhaust will work well. Any ideas would be helpful. I dont care about sound or a muffler just want a good look.
STM

·
Registered
339 Posts
The anniversary is coming up and Im asking the ol lady of 5 years! for a new exhaust for the truck. I currently have a 2010 f-250 CC larait 4x4 short bed with a spartan dpf/cat delete the rest of the exhaust is stock. Any recomendations I just after looks now. I was thinking of dual pipes exiting at an angle behind each tire with big 6in tips. Im assuming any dpf back exhaust will work well. Any ideas would be helpful. I dont care about sound or a muffler just want a good look.
STM
I would probably go with MBRP duals if you want to go that route, they will work with your DPF/DOC Delete pipe. Let us know if we can help.

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw those and they seem like they fit what Im looking for. How big are the tips on them? It sounds like the pipe is 4in but how about the tips? I really want some bit 6in tips. Thanks for the reply.
STM
Ill check out your site for some other options.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I saw those and they seem like they fit what Im looking for. How big are the tips on them? It sounds like the pipe is 4in but how about the tips? I really want some bit 6in tips. Thanks for the reply.
STM
Ill check out your site for some other options.
They come with 5" tips and offer the system in aluminzed, 409 or 304 stainless. I am sure we can get you some 6" tips if that is what you want.

·
2,126 Posts
I want a black 5" exhaust...

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help guys,
Any of you have pictures of you exhausts installed? Seems to be a really good product. Ive yet to read anything bad about em. Is the install easy with the truck on the ground or will I need to take it to a shop? I think Im going to pull the trigger soon! Any dealers in the pittsburgh pa area? Or should I just go through a website?
Sorry about all the ??s Just want to make sure Im getting what Im looking for.
Thanks for the help
Sean

·
FukeneH
197 Posts
Can NOT beat aaron's service,between him and sean=powerstroker67 any problems you may come across they will help any way they can. Rudy's FTW..but must have your own tools:)

·
143 Posts
I've got the mbrp cool duals also. Love the look. BUT, w/ any brand, if you take out the muffler, you are going to have the hairdryer blowing sound. Check it out first so you won't have to add one later. The sound might not bother you but I didn't like it. I wanted deep sound but not that blowing sound. I ended up adding a aeroturbine muffler to mine. Did all installs myself, no problems. Sorry, I don't have pics but there are several w/ Jesse's truck. He has had the same pipes on his truck. Not sure about what is on his now, he changes so much.

·
143 Posts
Also meant to say, got mine from dfuser. Good deal & quick shipping. Would def do bus w/ him again....

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the reply. I think I will go with the cool duals. Went to the local truck accessories store and they wantesd 700 for the exhaust and 199 to install it. Seems like a complete rip off to me. Ticks me off when these places try to screw a customer. Dont they know I can go online and pay well under 600 for the exhaust. And 200 to install. It might take them 30 minutes to pull of the old tail piipes and throw up the new one. I mean its only 1/3 of the actual exhaust.
Sorry about the rant just really made me mad. I was trying to give my business to a local shop but they just tried to put it to me.
STM

·
2008 F350 Murdered out
244 Posts
Can we get a pic of the back of your truck spatel23

·
Speed Junkie
193 Posts
You could also look into a magnaflow system. They have several variations to choose from for our trucks. Just giving another option.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts