The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking 6.7L Cummins H.O. (2011.5+) is in order here... it is what the Ford boys would get.. :poke

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
So a new flash, torque converter and valvebody is what ford did? Maybe there needs to be a forum for the gen 4 body but there are not a lot of powertrain changes.

·
Banned
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So a new flash, torque converter and valvebody is what ford did? Maybe there needs to be a forum for the gen 4 body but there are not a lot of powertrain changes.
Well it is called the 6.7L High Output... so I think it constitutes a different forum. Since for like 4 years the 6.7L went unchanged. Now it has 150 more ft-lbs of torque, crankshaft damper, new torque converter and a different badging. There is a new forum for all the new LMM LML LBZ LB1 LB7 etc for everytime Chevy came out with more powerful Duramaxes.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Well it is called the 6.7L High Output... so I think it constitutes a different forum. Since for like 4 years the 6.7L went unchanged. Now it has 150 more ft-lbs of torque, crankshaft damper, new torque converter and a different badging. There is a new forum for all the new LMM LML LBZ LB1 LB7 etc for everytime Chevy came out with more powerful Duramaxes.
Ok, maybe that is true, but this is an All Brand forum, so lets keep it civil, as to "the ford guys"/ "Dmax" sections.... etc would get it... there are far more changes from engine to engine for the others. Cummins has been known for carry over parts for years. 40% of the internals and parts in a 6.7L are very very similar to the 5.9 CR... in fact you even asked in another thread... If you ever wanted to do head studs.. they would be the same ones that the 98.5-02 VP trucks used as well as the 03-07 5.9CRs used... they are the same head stud... many parts are the same...I just want to keep TDG as one of the Elite Diesel sites, and not known for brand bashing and member arguments.. I hope we can agree on that? :five

·
Banned
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never brand bashed anyone in my statement... It just seems like all the topics are being pushed into one 6.7 forum when the chevy and ford get new sections. There has been a complete body change, and new engine designation (High Output) and the forum is remaining unchanged. The LML is 40% carry over too... Why don't we freshen things up around the here... not to mention there has been an entire BRAND change this year. It isn't even Dodge it is RAM. New Brand, New Body, Newly updated H.O. engine, and that doesn't constitute a change? Come on...

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
the LB7 and LLY and LBZ and LMM and LML are much different engines... each engine went through many changes, the LML and LB7 are about as similar as the 24v VP44 to the new 6.7....

·
343 Posts
Being a Ford boy on this site.....I am interested in keeping track of this forum, since the 6.7L Cummins is what is in the F650/F750 trucks.

·
8,265 Posts
The new forum is up gents. Thanks for the idea!

Reactions: Jeremiah

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
The new forum is up gents. Thanks for the idea!
Dave would there be any issue with moving this request thread since the new forum is up and running? Or do we want to use it to direct interest to the HO motor section?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts