The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a FX4 grill is the for sale section on here for $200+shipping. Bought it, took it apart, and had it painted REALLY cheap. Now I think I have a really custom King Ranch Grill.

Sorry for the bad pics, got dark fast. Ill try to get some better ones this weekend.:thumbsup

Sorry the truck is dirty.:bang

Also talked to the guy about the fender vents, I'm thinking about getting him to take off the vents and cover the holes and fill it in, smooth it out, and repaint the whole fender. Looking at taking all the chrome off except for the exhaust tip and hopefully some chrome BMF Novacanes sometime.

What do yall think?

Oh, and I took off my 4x4 Stickers too.

·
1,606 Posts
Looks SWEET!:thumbsup

Reactions: OOWeaver68

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
That looks really good!! I wonder how it will last against chipping?

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure, if it gets bad, I can just get it repainted.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
looks great. I was so happy to put on my H.D. grill and get rid of the KR grill

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was afraid that the headlights were gonna stick out real bad, being that they are still chrome. But they dont look bad with the spearco i/c behind the grill.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I wouldn't do the vents!! I heard that they are needed for air flow and it does make sense.... maybe just get the inside of the vents painted

just my thoughts

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't do the vents!! I heard that they are needed for air flow and it does make sense.... maybe just get the inside of the vents painted

just my thoughts
I thought of that, but didn't think they were that critical. Thinking about painting them the copper color, or getting some custom ones made and painting them. Keep the ideas comin guys. :thumbsup

·
Diesel Addict
252 Posts
Truck looks real good, I like the painted grill alot better

·
5,365 Posts
you need to get some gutterguard behind that....keep those "coolers" from denting

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
WRONG....my harley davidson side vents have no air flow from factory
Really? I guess I heard wrong thanks for clarifying and sorry for the wrong info!!

·
246 Posts
I like it! Looks great, and good job pulling the 4x4 stickers off too.

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It looks wayyyyyy better. Now all you need to do is someone to get you some ford emblems that are copper or gold.... Haha :bang
LOL I was kinda thinkin a black one for the front, not sure, I want to wait for now. Going to get it cleaned up sometime and take a look at it.

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
im pretty sure the airbox pulls a little from pass side vent
not completely it been a while but when I put my s&b in i think there is a channel for it to pull air from

1 - 20 of 26 Posts