The Diesel Garage banner

New Head Gasket For Cummins

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  biggie1dodge 
#1 ·
Cometic gasket company just released a new head gasket for the cummins. The guy I talked to said that they will garentee it to hold 80 psi with studs and not cutting the block and adding fire rings. He also stated that it could hold more but they didnt test it over 80psi. follow this link for more info. http://cometicgasket.com/domesticauto.aspx

#3 ·
I will have to try and find the e-mail that the tech from cometic sent me on this gasket. I was helping a friend of mine do a bunch of stuff to his 99 and he found out about this head gasket and got one the day after it was released to the public from cometic. He was talking about fire ringing and cutting his block and all of that until he found this gasket. We are still working through some programming issues and a few other problems with the truck but he has put about 4000 miles on it now with no issues. Granted I know thats no much and the truck is not running at its best performance right now so I will try to keep yall posted on what happens and when I find that e-mail I will post it also.

#4 ·
Here is some of the information from that e-mail from cometic.

"Our testing included various trucks ranging from daily driven commuters up to full race prep applications. Street driven trucks have seen 80 psi of boost with 12mm studs and have shown no problems with everyday driving. We suspect the gasket to hold more than 80 psi, but no one wanted to push their test vehicles to destruction. We also will be offering an MLS gasket with integrated gas filled ring that should entirely eliminate the need for power ringing or o-ringing the block and head.
Unfortunately we do not have any testing back on the gas filled design
(Phuzion Gasket). Our standard MLS gasket for the Cummins that held 80
psi comfortably will sell at a retail price of $249.95 plus shipping. Standard thickness on this gasket is .060" but can be ordered in custom thicknesses."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.