The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TDG Rocks!
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so what would be the next best step. read sig.plz ive considered rest of exhaust prob 4" straight pipe. the main purpose for tuck is dd but summer i pull my 24' sea-ray and in-bed camper from time to time. bout every weekend.

·
Diesel Enthusiast
234 Posts
Welcome to the garage! I love the OBS trucks, great looks. My next step would be to ditch the SuperChips and get a DP Tuner, I can't stress enough how much difference good programming can make. I also have a 97 and have done stage 1 injectors and plan to add an intercooler soon, that is a very common addition to those trucks. Might also consider an open air type filter, you can only do so much with the stock airbox in place, the DIY mod is very practical and works great!

·
1,726 Posts
Welcome!

#1 Upgrade your intake system. K&N drop in is a bad idea. They don't seal very well in Fords crappy air box. DIY is what I recomend. http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27195

#2 Get a chip to get a little more out of it. I like Tony Wildman myself. His site is www.TotalDieselPerformance.com

#3 Intercooler.

#4 Upgrade injectors.

You may want to do 2 and 4 at the same time so that you don't have to have the chip reprogramed for the injectors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts