The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having problems with my banks IC leaking on the tank ends. Had it rewelded and then the opposite side started doing the same thing so I just had it sent back and upgraded to this. I am much more pleased with this unit now.

I'm noticing another 75 degree drop in EGT's over the Banks IC and the throttle response is better as well.

I had to switch back to my stock CAC pipe for now because we are doing a couple quick changes to ours before we start shipping them.

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
You have the sickest pictures! Nice looking rig

·
2,183 Posts
looks nice. so you recommend spearco over banks?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do. First, I thought the Banks one might be a better design but after having both it's clear the larger surface area of the Spearco unit and the aluminum is far superior. The leaking was pretty annoying too!

·
179 Posts
Nice. Looks like a magazine quality photo shoot as usual. Kinda like a Spearco ad, I hope they hooked you up:haha Thanks for the info. So MBRP is making cold side cacs? Will there be any grinding involved to install them? TIA

·
2,126 Posts
Nice. Looks like a magazine quality photo shoot as usual. Kinda like a Spearco ad, I hope they hooked you up:haha Thanks for the info. So MBRP is making cold side cacs? Will there be any grinding involved to install them? TIA
What he said ^^

Truck looks great and so does the intercooler. :hump

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
You have a dark skinned little brother. LOL
...with a low rent camera. LOL LOL

Looks good Jesse. :thumbsup
I love how the intercooler looks behind the FX4 grills.

·
259 Posts
Watch the ends on the spearco, the'll start cracking to like the banks. It's all the high boost like over 50 psi seems to kill them. Did banks do anything for you on the return?

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
hmmmm mine is not leaking yet...
I almost got the spearco just because it really looks aftermarket The banks looks almost factory and is very subtle. I like the look of the spearco still but Im happy til mine starts leaking I guess.

·
78 Posts
I was having problems with my banks IC leaking on the tank ends. Had it rewelded and then the opposite side started doing the same thing so I just had it sent back and upgraded to this. I am much more pleased with this unit now.

I'm noticing another 75 degree drop in EGT's over the Banks IC and the throttle response is better as well.

I had to switch back to my stock CAC pipe for now because we are doing a couple quick changes to ours before we start shipping them.

That intercooler looks nice on your truck...With all the mods to your truck,Im suprised you haven't changed the amber bulbs in your head lamps for the chrome ones.I did that and was very happy with the "new look" for $13.99 investment

·
194 Posts
Look under Jesses hood. Its burntLOL. That high quality camera brought it out. Naw prolly just some dirt or something. Bet it ain't there no more now though.:madpoke

1 - 20 of 21 Posts