The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the new lift pump is in and the truck runs and drives again....and pulls without hesitation right through all of the gears but when it is in neutral and i govern the motor if i roll into it all the way to 28-2900 its ok but if i just nail it and hold it once it hits like 2700-2800 rpms it will sputter down to like 2600 and it won't budge.. so now I think i really need a fp gauge to see if i am suckin air anywhere. and i really wanna see if the timing has slipped...and the overflow valve spring too.wow my arms are all cut up..there is a cut zip tie end somewhere under the brake res that chewed the hel outta my arm.haa thats half the fun..the other half is 20 degree weather!!
any Ideas on the high rev stumble let me know what ya think..also does anyone think that the valves need adjustin? just troubleshootin here and brainstorming possible problems... thanx for all the advice so far, keith

·
1,465 Posts
If you still have the stock govenor springs in there that sounds about normal as they cut the fueling around 2600 RPM.

·
126 Posts
Next time pull the wheel and inner fender.Sneak attack

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
wistlnwoodchuck said:
.wow my arms are all cut up..there is a cut zip tie end somewhere under the brake res that chewed the hel outta my arm.haa thats half the fun..
thats why i wear long sleeves when im working on most anything. i have a lot of money on my arm that i need to protect.

and back on topic, glad to hear you got it all together and its running good.

Garrett

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NEW OVERFLOW VALVE IN NOW TOO it runs a lot better... gotta thank dual k20 for the advice...still smokes and stumbles but not till 2600-2700....does everybody smoke a little when they govorn the motor? mine does and i didnt think that it used to...well thanx

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I don't think mine smoked, but now I have a 4K no 60 psi valve springs yet so I can't test it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts