The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I am new here!
I was directed here by another member when I mistakenly requested an oasis report on another forum.

My story: I recently purchased a 2005 f350 that I love! I had no idea about all the bullet proofing/modifying I would need to do, ex egr upgrade/other option, head studs, oil cooler, and so on. To be quite honest I am actually excited about installing these mods!! After I was aware of these things that could fail, I wonder the history behind my truck. Which is why I'd like to know if anyone could help me get an oasis report! Thank you.

Ps: I have requested at local ford here locally, but they said they couldn't provide me that information!

Vin: 1ftww31p35ec00032

·
249 Posts
I can pull detailed reports for any of the claims that list part number if that helps you, just post the AWS Claim Key number. :)

Attachments

Reactions: Fordmaniac

·
249 Posts
This history is one of the better ones. Generally speaking, the fewer repairs the better. Some vehicles you will notice that there are a lot of repairs, but the customer is complaining about noises or minor annoyances. Just means that there was a picky owner. If you see a lot of high dollar powertrain repairs is where it starts to get scary.

There are also certain components that may have had a design flaw but were updated at some point. I think the EGR may be one of them for the super-duty. The thing you want to look for in your service history is if/ when suspect parts may have been updated and when certain design flaws may have been fixed. The main forum should help you identify these parts and dates - I am not too familiar with them. This is only if you really worry about your truck. As far as I am concerned, if it ain't broke... don't fix it!

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This history is one of the better ones. Generally speaking, the fewer repairs the better. Some vehicles you will notice that there are a lot of repairs, but the customer is complaining about noises or minor annoyances. Just means that there was a picky owner. If you see a lot of high dollar powertrain repairs is where it starts to get scary.

There are also certain components that may have had a design flaw but were updated at some point. I think the EGR may be one of them for the super-duty. The thing you want to look for in your service history is if/ when suspect parts may have been updated and when certain design flaws may have been fixed. The main forum should help you identify these parts and dates - I am not too familiar with them. This is only if you really worry about your truck. As far as I am concerned, if it ain't broke... don't fix it!
Damn that's damn good to hear! Thanks man!! Now that you mentioned it, I agree if it ain't broke don't fix it! Thanks a bunch partner!

·
4 Posts
New to diesels

Was hoping you could help me out with an Oasis report as well. I know i should have done it before i bought but oh well!

VIN 1FTSW21R18ED05327

·
4 Posts
Thanks stuntman! Much appreciated.

So it looks pretty good to me. Anyone else notice anything that might be cause for concern?

·
249 Posts
There is really nothing I would be concerned about. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts