The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gas No Way
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go again, Early morning no start isssues,2000 F350 4x4, 7.3 superchiped stage 2 setting.4 inch flow master, KN filter, all gauges,transcommand,2 inch lift front only,rear air bags. I have checked the GPR and replaced,checked connections at valve covers,checked OHMS on glow plugs, wiring harness lookes good, all checks out great. But still a no start issue in the cold mornings about 30 degrees. I had just changed the oil to a synblend 20-50. this problem started about 3 days after changing the oil. I did a code check and the only one that comes up is the EGP error,as i have it disconnected, If I cycle the grow plugs about 6 times it will start. The only thing I have not checked is the cold air heater relay. Anyone got an idea were to go from here?:usflag

·
4,024 Posts
What battery voltage do you get at both GP relay posts? The voltage should be the same on both posts, and close to batter voltage. Sounds like weak batts to me.:shrug:

·
Gas No Way
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Block heater not pluged in , thats kwhen it starts hard. When pluged in all is fine.

·
Gas No Way
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New batterys and GPS ,

·
Gas No Way
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One thing I don't see posted about is the Cold Air Intake Heater, at waht temp. does it kick on and how long will it stay on?

·
382 Posts
when my truck sits out in the cold without the heater i have to cycle the glow plugs a couple of times. that is in my 99 and my 01. my best friend is a diesel mechanic and he said all of the company psd's are the same. my trucks are in the garage every night and the problem is pretty well gone.

·
6,337 Posts
rsecondchance1 said:
One thing I don't see posted about is the Cold Air Intake Heater, at waht temp. does it kick on and how long will it stay on?

The AIH does nothing on cold start up. The only time it comes on is if the truck is in park with the E brake on and the oil temp below a set point. It is not for cold starts only to stop some white smoke while extended idle.

·
Gas No Way
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all

Well all the help you all gave me was good and did most of the good it tells us to. I did find some small things to let us all know, there was a ground wire on the block that was loose. And to add to the confusion, the left bank wire's on the valve cover was loose in the fitting? that was a good one as I have never thaken it off before. I bought a repalcement snap fitting and put it back on. All the problems are gone!!!!! Fires up like a champ. Small things just to keep track of in the future. Again thanks to all.

Ford and KTM Rule
:bow:

·
TDG Member Since 2004?
584 Posts
At about 95,000 miles I started having trouble starting on cold days, got a big cloud of smoke on startup on cold days and then finally lost a cylinder. The valve cover connectors are double sided and the connectors on the inside of the valve cover had loosened up. Ford sells a kit of tiny clips that reinforce the clips on the connectors and solve this problem.

Just noticed, my truck looks EXACTLY like yours! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts