The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a big difference in performance gains, by either changing the stock muffler as compared to replacing the entire exhaust ?

thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I saw a pretty big improvement in spool, EGTs, and sound by doing a straight pipe stock exhaust. I had it done for $75 and about 45 minutes. Totally worth it, and I plan on putting in a complete 4" to 5" exhaust this summer.

·
1,726 Posts
With your truck being stock the only gains in a full exhaust systmem would be sound. If you plan on getting a chip in the future there would be some minor performance gains and egt drop from a full exhaust system.

At this point do a muffler and cat delete unless you are getting a chip in the near future.

·
6,337 Posts
Dude, a full turbo back can be had for less then $300 to your door, get one and be done. No reason to spend cash on a muffler or a muffler delete and then throw it away later.

·
Registered
63 Posts
CSIPSD said:
Dude, a full turbo back can be had for less then $300 to your door, get one and be done. No reason to spend cash on a muffler or a muffler delete and then throw it away later.

Too true, when I did mine I didn't know about the cheaper exhaust systems, plus I didn't have anywhere to put one in. Now I do and will be getting a 4" turbo back to 5" really soon.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CSIPSD or anyone else, So where can I get a complete exhaust for less than $300.00, that isn't crappy or really loud in the cab, my ears are too old to takes lots of noise.

·
6,337 Posts
PM some of the vendors or I can send you a few places too... Also look on Flea-bay... 90% of the exhaust systems are the same and no matter what they are not that loud... Too big a pipe to be loud.

·
17 Posts
straight pipe the hole way. i have 4" off the turbo and 5" straight pipe tp stacks. and love them

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts