The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my first diesel, a 06 supercrew 4x4 .Just wanted to say hi and ask one quick question. I have a xcal2 from my f150, can i have it reprogramed for my diesel by one of the tuners, thanks Marc

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #44
522 Posts
You certainly can.....Just call one of the tuners and they can hook you up. If it's a strategy flash tuner and wasn't custom tuned to your F150 then you can go to 6.0 diesel and it should let you unless it needs to be updated.

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
onebad60 my truck looks just like yours but black. I have a sctxcal2 with a dyno custom tune from my other truck, so does that mean it cant be reprogramed for the diesel. Plans are for a street and race tune from one of the tuners, air intake and exhaust at the moment.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #44
522 Posts
Yes, it can be reprogrammed. Just call Doug A.K.A Psdplayer and he will hook you up with a tune! All you'll have to do is plug the xcal2 into your truck and read the strategy, write it down, and call Doug @ 954-275-6801 with it. Let me know if I can help in any way!

·
342 Posts
Why???

Don't you want something safer for the '04? Unless it has had the Studs and head gaskets done you maybe playing with fire. :RTFM:

·
963 Posts
Doug can write a very safe tune, that won't hurt a thing. Hech, any of the vendors on here can. It is all about the CP's.

Loki

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #44
522 Posts
Lariat Trucker said:
Why???

Don't you want something safer for the '04? Unless it has had the Studs and head gaskets done you maybe playing with fire. :RTFM:

May I ask what this post is reffering to?!?

·
342 Posts
The custom tunes seem to be aggressive and with the history of the '03.5 & '04's I think he may want to reconsider anything HOT. I have an '04 and even with no tune it puked at 22K miles. Just bringing that info to the table for a new owner.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #44
522 Posts
I have a suggestion....go look at all the folks running custom sct tunes in 03-04's and ask them if their truck has had many problems puking. Not trying to be an *** or anything but I know I haven't seen many blown head gaskets due to just an sct tune. Maybe a predator because they are as Diablo should of put it, "engineered to raise heads!"

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
lol, i have a 04 and ran over 100 1/4 mile passes with a sct, exhaust and intake, and about 20 of thoes passes i was spraying nos and it never puked, now i have all the stuff in my sig and finally got it to puke this weekend taking some guys for a ride with the nos but my bottel preasure was over 1230!!! that is the only reason and it just puked a lil, you will be fine with a sct, yes there is a chance it will puke, but there is a chance dalpilot may fall asleep and fly his plane into my house LOL LOL
robert
out

·
Registered
46 Posts
this guy has a 06 not a 04

ive been running Doug's aka Kermit Gonzo file for 4,000 miles 1000 towing about 7500 lbs yeah on the race file
i run the hell outta her
no puking no problems

do it and have fun

·
342 Posts
My Bad...Missed the '06 reference....Nevermind!:pointlaugh

1 - 15 of 15 Posts