The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
O'Skool Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst I was re-coring my radiator I had use the opportunity to get it looking good under the hood. How often does one yank the radiator?

Painted front of engine, fan, shroud and cac. Good old Rustoleum. Clearcoated the shroud and cac. I was thinking of airplane propellors for the fan paint job. Cac is Chevy orange.

PB131223.jpg

PB181241.jpg

PB231258.jpg

PB231256.jpg

PB231263.jpg

·
1,224 Posts
Looks good:thumbsup Like the fan paint job.

·
3,533 Posts
That is a very nice job, everything, neat and done with care. Personally these are the type of modifications that really have a payback.

·
2,555 Posts
Looks good , that must be one of the wednesday freightliners Like Les2's when FL got it right they seemed to come up with a really good truck :thumbsup

·
O'Skool Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks y'all. Been a great truck.

New 4 row doesn't even nudge the needle on hills like the old 3 row. We'll have to wait until next summer to really test it.

·
525 Posts
Whoa, man that is fine! I love to see an engine bay lookin that good. Just makes ya wanna "check the oil" everytime you're near other truckers.Personally,i find that more impressive than the $300K showtrucks that just have everything chromed and drive from show to show. You inspire me!

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
how did you prep/paint the CAC tubes? ive been wanting to do that with my new pete....

·
O'Skool Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
how did you prep/paint the CAC tubes? ive been wanting to do that with my new pete....
I did those maybe 10 years ago. I can't believe they still look that good. Just Rustoleum red and clear on top. I can't remember if I roughed up the surface or not. Surface prep is the key to any long lasting paint job. I think today I would grind/sand any bumps/imperfections then steel wool it for the paint to grab, wipe it down good with Xylene and blow off the lint from the towel with compressed air and grab the spray can. And when it's done keep other mechanics away so they can't bang it up.

If you have time you could do flames if that's your thing. Pinstripes would be old school '60's style.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
I did those maybe 10 years ago. I can't believe they still look that good. Just Rustoleum red and clear on top. I can't remember if I roughed up the surface or not. Surface prep is the key to any long lasting paint job. I think today I would grind/sand any bumps/imperfections then steel wool it for the paint to grab, wipe it down good with Xylene and blow off the lint from the towel with compressed air and grab the spray can. And when it's done keep other mechanics away so they can't bang it up.

If you have time you could do flames if that's your thing. Pinstripes would be old school '60's style.
i have a good friend that is awesome with flames, but he lives in joplin...im not driving that far so he can do a flame job on a company truck. lol But if I get enough ambition i might do the CAC tubes. It would look awesome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts