The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had parts laying around for a week or two and I finaly found time to start this project after lunch today. Just got done with the headers about 2 hours ago and thought I would post a couple pics.

Yes, my welding looks horrible. I have way to big of wire for my new welder and I never could get it set to run smooth with that wire.:bang I have got to do some grinding and cleaning up on the headers but they will work for the fair pulls next week.:thumbsup

·
8,265 Posts
Darrell,

Looks cool...but didn't you try this in the past...with a couple of turbos in parallel? I thought you couldn't get them to spool in the past. You doing something different about that this time?

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darrell,

Looks cool...but didn't you try this in the past...with a couple of turbos in parallel? I thought you couldn't get them to spool in the past. You doing something different about that this time?
Yup you are correct. The last parallel project was a budget build with 2 stock turbos.

These turbos come from Bell specificly for my application.:thumbsup

·
213 Posts
Awesome, i've always wondered why there weren't more parallel turbo setups on 7.3's. Hope it works well for you. Let us know.

·
626 Posts
Way cool--even though I've held a MIG gun and stuck metal together (the bead probably wasn't very strong and was DEFINITELY ugly), I'm always impressed by people with fabrication skills, especially for an oddball/one-off project like that.

·
8,265 Posts
dual hood stacks are gonna be wayyyy cooooollllll!!!!!

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Way cool--even though I've held a MIG gun and stuck metal together (the bead probably wasn't very strong and was DEFINITELY ugly), I'm always impressed by people with fabrication skills, especially for an oddball/one-off project like that.
I have been welding for years and I love to fabricate and see what I can do. I just hate having issues with my welder as there nothing more aggrivating then having to back and dress up bad welds.:bang

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dual hood stacks are gonna be wayyyy cooooollllll!!!!!

Yup.... The last parallel turbos drew alot of attention when I was driving it but it also did not have a hood on. I am planning to conceal all of this except for the 2 stacks coming out the hood.:D

·
2,509 Posts
looks good:D

although I think body lift may be in order to fit that stuff in there:haha

·
2,509 Posts
or..................

:D

·
990 Posts
sweet! wish i had the space to start a project like this... hell if someone close to me is doing a project like a puller or something i'd love to donate some of my fab skills or loan a hand.!

·
626 Posts
If you were running dual hood stacks with the Jobe intercooler the awesomess would be too much for any one person to handle...:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha

·
990 Posts
the dual hood stacks are gonna be sick!

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally got a chance to stab the engine this afternoon.

So here are some update pics.:thumbsup

·
1,052 Posts
I am just jealous.
I also have wondered why this has not been done.
Looks nice!!!!!!!!!!!!:happymugs:happymugs:thumbsup:thumbsup
Bill

·
2,509 Posts
how do those beehive springs compaire to the comp 910's

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Darrel...looks good.....make sure you get some video for us and keep posting pics....

1 - 20 of 106 Posts